Amedisys - A fast climb to the top. I have had a very good experience so far. I have worked hard and put in a lot of effort. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

"A fast climb to the top. I have had a very good experience so far. I have worked hard and put in a lot of effort."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay has been very good. I came from a hospital and the pay was much higher then my hospital job and the stress is much less.

Cons

The computer charting is very time consuming. Management insists that it can be done in the home but this is not always the case. It really depends on what kind of patient you are seeing. Most start of cares will take 1-2 hours to complete and this is uninterupted time outside of the home.

Advice to Management

RN's need to be paid more money for start of cares, resumptions and recerts. They have to spend a lot of time outside of work completing charting. Marketing gets the bonuses for bringing in patients and the RN's rarely get bonuses for working long hours. In fact, they are usually reprimanded for working overtime.

Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys

"Sad in Virginia"

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The staff I work with daily are east to get along with. They take good care of the patients and they are honest in doing it They do not try to cheat anyone.

Cons

Upper management in Virginia are destroying offices. Within two months new management have cut staff and run staff off or scared staff so bad that they are jumping from the ship.
    Some people are paid way to much and other just barely enough to get by. Even the staff that are easy to get along with are the biggest bunch of babies that I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Current VPs and AVPs in Virginia and do some serious repairs to staff that have worked hard to provide good care.

"Awesome position!"

Current Employee - CTC
    Current Employee - CTC

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training, tools and opportunities for advancement

Cons

None that I can think of !

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!