Amedisys - Working for Amedisys | Glassdoor

"Working for Amedisys"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate office in Baton Rouge is a fun place to work.

Cons

Senior management is a major con of working for Amedisys.

Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys

"Great place to work for many years but not the last year"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great nurses, therapists, office staff. Cared about the patients and the quality of care that they give to them every day. Dedicated to their patients.

Cons

Poor management decisions. Poor communication between director and staff. Director would talk about staff to other staff members to see what their opinions of that person was. Layed off employees that had been there for years over others with same position that had been there for a short time. Once layed off health insurance ceased that day.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to come down to the level of those working with the patients in the field and show respect to those positions.

"BOS"

Former Employee - Business Office Specialist in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Business Office Specialist in Savannah, GA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At my interview the job sounded so great. I would be truly helping people

Cons

Management does not back up the office staff. Clinicians are allowed to do as they please, verbally assault office staff, refuse work and transmit their work days after said work was done. Spent the majority of my day fighting with clinicians, writing up incident reports for the DOO and running behind clinicians begging them to please call in and out, please call in caledars and not wait till 4:55pm when patients need to be seen the NEXT day and TRANSMIT your work. It would take me 2hrs easy every day to just type up dreft's on clinicians for work not received on previous work and this was every day.

Advice to Management

Manage your clinical staff. Hire enough staff so when staff will not comply with procedures they get written up and work is withheld until problem is resolved. When clincians know they are the only ones to get the work done, they do as they please and fear no consequences. Management in my office stated they were aware this was an issue and they were just trying me because I was new. I beg to differ. When an office has hired and lost 4 bos positions in 16 months, there is a problem and it is not with the bos. Shame on Management for allowing issues like this to persist and shame on Upper management for not questioning the office DOO and BOM as to why these issues have not been corrected.