Amedisys - Change is coming | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Change is coming"

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people that I work with in my office are great hard working people. The take care of the patients in a caring and professional way.

Cons

RVPs, VPs All the regional Regional Clinical and Office People who do not have a clue. One group comes in and tells you one thing and then 6 months later someone else comes in and tells you that you are not doing the job correctly.

Advice to Management

Since Bill is leaving maybe the board should consider getting rid of the RVPs and AVPs and let the DOOs and BOMS report directly to corp. They could give a few raises and Amedisys would get the job done with a lot less expense by people who know what they are doing. Take the POD idea and kick it to the curb. And much of the other crap can be stuck somewhere else. I am looking for another job and waiting to be standing in the unemployment line. They can blame everything on Medicare reimbursement if they want but you can not treat employees like crap and expect great things from them. It is not going to happen.

Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys

1. "Best job I have ever had."

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time

Pros

I am always acknowledged for performance and helping out.

Cons

Sometimes short staffed especially with admissions. But the company rotates the nurses to balance out.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Business Office Manager"

Former Employee - Business Office in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Business Office in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees very hard working and honest

Cons

Poor job security. Trainers train but other Office locations say to do things the other way until you get tired and don't know what is the right way and who knows the right way. AVP's not qualified to train staff they don't know themselves the right or wrong way. Before taking a job at this company check all the complaints they are all the same and also if you value your career and hard work and take your job seriously DO NOT - REPEAT DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. The location AVP's and other Executive level office managers take your pride, your intelligence and your self esteem and tear it apart, they suck you dry enough that you never want to work in health care again even if you have been in health care for 20 years.

Advice to Management

Go under cover and be an employee for a few months. You will be in for an experience. Listen to your office staff and don't take for granted that the area managers are honest and helpful in training new employees. I found that AVP's and other Department Executives didn't know how to train office staff and didn't have a clue about what their staffs jobs were. Wh.ile working there for less than 2 years I had 7 new Office Directors. You should not hire quickly and hire qualified management.