Amedisys - Change is coming | Glassdoor

"Change is coming"

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people that I work with in my office are great hard working people. The take care of the patients in a caring and professional way.

Cons

RVPs, VPs All the regional Regional Clinical and Office People who do not have a clue. One group comes in and tells you one thing and then 6 months later someone else comes in and tells you that you are not doing the job correctly.

Advice to Management

Since Bill is leaving maybe the board should consider getting rid of the RVPs and AVPs and let the DOOs and BOMS report directly to corp. They could give a few raises and Amedisys would get the job done with a lot less expense by people who know what they are doing. Take the POD idea and kick it to the curb. And much of the other crap can be stuck somewhere else. I am looking for another job and waiting to be standing in the unemployment line. They can blame everything on Medicare reimbursement if they want but you can not treat employees like crap and expect great things from them. It is not going to happen.

Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys

"#Amedi-Mess"

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my coworkers and have made lifetime friends. I love the ability to move up within the company. They offer great opportunities to learn so much while working.

Cons

They were not prepared to have to pay Medicare the 150million they were sued for and they now have a board that makes very hasty decisions. When Bill owned his company entirely he did not make such hasty decisions. So many layoffs and offices being closed.

Advice to Management

Prepare for more cuts with Obamacare and an open case from the US Attorney's office, it is only a matter of time before a hostile take over.

"unrealistic Quotas at corporate level"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

great Benefits good Pay and local office fantastic

Cons

Corporate drops the ball often yet still holds you accountable for unreal quotes. hit your quota. it goes up next month.