America's Health Insurance Plans - No one seems happy/content - always appear distressed/down/upset/sad/depressed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for America's Health Insurance Plans

"No one seems happy/content - always appear distressed/down/upset/sad/depressed"

Pros

They represent the healthcare industry - very good cause.
Beautiful interiors - free coffee/tea.

Cons

Extremely poor communication in various departments. People are defensive and always appeared very unhappy. Witnessed abusive behavior during meetings from senior management towards others - very distressing and shocking. They are reactive instead of proactive. I have never seen a more disorganized company.I'm sure it does not apply to all departments however, it is very obvious which department it is. Most people individually are very nice.

Other Employee Reviews for America's Health Insurance Plans

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at America's Health Insurance Plans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with at AHIP are smart, motivated, passionate, and fun. Working at AHIP allows you be part of efforts to shape health care policy and make a real impact on our health care system.

Cons

While company culture and employee engagement continues to improve, I would love to see more effort to promote interdepartmental interaction.

Advice to Management

Embrace telework

2. "Great team, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

The AHIP team is filled with bright and talented professionals who work on an extremely complex issue. Hours are flexible, and it’s nice to know that teammates are always willing to pitch in however needed. If you're interested in a career in health policy there is no better place to start!

Cons

Despite previous reviews, I think the Association works extremely well together. More visibility into what other departments are working on would be helpful, but a quick call or email is an easy way to get caught up.