American Airlines - Working hard for many years... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

"Working hard for many years..."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, great managers at the airport and in the headquarters office. Flexible time off, some office managers can work from home occasionally, lots of vacation after 15 years.

Cons

Paid a LOT less than other in similar positions, up to 25% less. Executive management is somewhat out of touch with the customer experience as well as the employee experience. Lot of angry airport employees. Respect your employees' time off. You work all the time.

Advice to Management

Put the employee satisfaction first and you will have happy customers and shareholders.

Other Employee Reviews for American Airlines

"American Airlines is not a good company to work for."

Former Employee - Staff Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at American Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get travel benefits and health insurance.

Cons

Even though you get travel benefits, the flights are so full, with people crammed in the seats, you cannot not get on the flights space available.

"Am I not worthy"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The PEOPLE, I've made friends with are lifelong. I meet thousands of coworkers a year doing my job and would be proud to call many my friends. I love traveling and eating lunch or dinner in places I could never get to before this career. I've explored many parts of the world amist turmoil and dangerous times.

Cons

I don't feel appreciated or treated as if I matter. I'm not compensated for being a front line worker that represent what was once the premier carrier of The United States. I continue to give my best and work hard to find that I am just a number or an expense that needs to be lowered. I find it hard to be proud when I'm given the sense of you can be replaced quickly even after 25yrs of faithful service.

Advice to Management

Value your workers with more than just words. Let them reap the rewards as well from profits. If you treat them with respect and reward. they will do all they can to make the company the best and surpass any obstacles that threaten its well being.