American Association for Clinical Chemistry - Amazing benefits and work-life balance, uneven management, poor advancement opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Association for Clinical Chemistry

"Amazing benefits and work-life balance, uneven management, poor advancement opportunities"

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, relatively high salaries

Cons

Some departments are managed poorly

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to the problems in departments where staff routinely leave or express dissatisfaction

Other Employee Reviews for American Association for Clinical Chemistry

"A great place to work and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at American Association for Clinical Chemistry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a relatively new employee at AACC, and I cannot tell enough how happy I am to work in such a great organization where I feel much supported and empowered to make a difference. I am excited to go to work every day knowing I am contributing to a great mission.

The leadership at AACC is great. My experience with the senior leaders are very positive. I came to them with concerns and suggestions to improve the current ways we operate, and they took my feedback seriously and worked with me to implement changes. I am trusted by my supervisor to try new ideas and work on important projects which as a professional, I find it very fulfilling.

No need to say that the AACC benefits are great. Many days of leaves & flexible work schedule, generous 401K match. The health benefit is awesome (I paid double the amount for health care in my last job).

Cons

I acknowledge the concerns that other reviewers brought up that the organization is going through a transition process where new strategies and processes are implemented. So, it can be perceived as chaotic. if you are looking for an organization that have everything established to settle, you may find AACC is hectic at this time. However, if you are entrepreneurial, you will find it exciting. It has challenged me in a way to make me more effective.

AACC environment is a bit quiet, I personally feel. People are very nice and willing to help. They are just very focused.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job!! It is not easy to transform an organization to embrace a new mission and vision. I give AACC management much credits for their effort. When I get to know her, I recognize the CEO is a strategic and pragmatic leader who is willing to do the right things even though it is her popularity at cost.

"Honest Former Staffer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Great Benefit Package for a non-profit.

Cons

Continue your job search, if you have a good employment history. As a former employee it is clear that senior management don't have a clue as to what AACC is about and the CEO is as clueless as her senior management staff. Focusing on the science seems to be obsolete.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff, take some educational classes and stay in your lane, if you don't about the subject stop trying to fake it.