American Association of Critical Care Nurses - You will love the member-customers, be wary of management's veneer of open communication or morays and norms. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Association of Critical Care Nurses

"You will love the member-customers, be wary of management's veneer of open communication or morays and norms."

Former Employee - Projects in Aliso Viejo, CA
Former Employee - Projects in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

Serve the critical care nurses (the members) and become a part of the honorable work of improving patient care in critical care units across the nation. All of society benefits from the service and education of this constituency. The critical care nurses are really the unsung heroes of today's health care system and are individuals with great integrity and high ideals who function in organizations/hospitals who may not adhere to the same level of ethical standards.

Cons

The dissonance between the espoused values and norms of the organization and practice resides at the nexus of Earth and Pluto. They tend to reorganize departmental functions and tasks frequently, basing their decisions upon favored individual manager's preferences for certain responsibilities. The outcomes of these reorganizations which occur two to three times a year, disassemble effective flow processes lowering staff productivity, performance and results. The compensation is much lower than other organizations of parity.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the staff who are the implementors of programs on a day to day basis. Do not entertain negative or give weight to comments about staff from other staff without a full assessment of all the facts, and underlying motivations. Consider that you are in a cycle of collectively reinforcing your own hubris(unintentional though it maybe). Ask yourselves why such a high percentage of your staff go to the EAP therapists to try and restore their dignity and cope.

Other Employee Reviews for American Association of Critical Care Nurses

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at American Association of Critical Care Nurses full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work here and the nurses we serve are what makes this place so great! A lot of people have been here for 15+ years which, when deciding to join the organization, spoke volumes about the kind of place this is to work. There has also been a lot of growth with lots of new people joining all the time....and they stick around too! I have the best medical benefits I've ever had in my career, great matching 401k, flexible schedule options, telecommuting options, and a management team that genuinely cares for the well being of their staff. Since we advocate healthy work environment standards for our nurses, we must also practice what we preach, and for the most part we do.

Cons

It's not the most creative environment but what it lacks in creativity, it more than makes up for in stability and benefits. Sometimes decisions can take a long time to make but it's usually due to the thoughtfulness that goes into everything we do. We serve the nursing community and their patients and we have to get it right.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The people who value this type of environment will stay and those who don't will move on.

2. "Bad Management"

Pros

There are some talented people that are great to work with.

Cons

The mostly female atmosphere makes it open to a lot of mean girls clubs. The management was weak. They literally told us no one would ever get the highest possible yearly raise. That was strange. We had to spend weeks doing evaluations of ourselves for our yearly reviews. 10 plus page documents that took weeks away from our work to complete, it was ridiculous.