American Automobile Association (AAA) - Nice on the outside, bad on the inside | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

"Nice on the outside, bad on the inside"

Former Employee - Roadside Service in Avon, MA
Former Employee - Roadside Service in Avon, MA

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent job security, most people can do this job. Opportunities to move to other parts of the company.

Cons

Blatant disregard for company policy. Supervisors have little control over staff. Training program is a joke. Certified-To-Train title means nothing to trainees as 50% of the people who train you are not CTT and teach you incorrectly. Invisible work structure/level of expectations. Drivers smoke in trucks. Extremely disorganized company.

Advice to Management

You need to train your branch managers and supervisors better. No regard for company policy and multiplier violations are visible everyday.

Other Employee Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

1. "Auto Service Counselor"

Current Employee - Auto Service Counselor in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Auto Service Counselor in Columbia, MO

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have paid holidays -10 per year.
    Pension which you receive for life if working 5 or more years.
    Fairly good benefits.

Cons

Primarily a majority of the people who work above you dont know how do their jobs and always pass their work off on others or pass the buck onto someone else. The goals they expect you to make are unreasonable, and of you don't make all of your goals which is a total or 7 or 8 categories for my field you don't receive a raise. Even if you do recieve a raise they are next to nothing. The company is poorly run, they expect their employees to advertise everything since the company is too cheap to advertise themselves. When hired I received next to no training and had to learn on my own or have my coworkers show me how to do things, when coming to my boss with questions she use to ignore me or didn't know how to do much in my area since shes been with the company for so long she doesn't even know how to do anything that people in my field do. There is no opportunity for upward growth which I was promised when I interviewed. I continually make my numbers and have positive feedback from customers and can't seem to move up. I would never recommend anyone to work at this company. They are very unorganized, don't care for their employees, and constantly are taking more privileges away from us and making up rules for no reason.

Advice to Management

Understand how to do your job, don't pass the buck off to someone else, provide your employees with proper training, too much is wrong to name.

2. "Encouraging Team to work with"

Former Contractor - Senior IT Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Contractor - Senior IT Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly Environment, Good Learning Curve

Cons

Unrealistic Timelines. Sometimes challenging to meet deadlines.