American Automobile Association (AAA) - homeowners claims adjuster | Glassdoor

"homeowners claims adjuster"

Current Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster
Current Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- good pay
- no micromanagement
- respect my decisions
- easy to speak with managers and the ability to speak with upper management
- great benefits

Cons

I wish that I had the opportunity to work with cat and travel more

Advice to Management

The systems need to be updated

Other Employee Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

"No one held to account. This reviewer gives the company a "D-""

Current Contractor - Technical Analyst in Glendale, AZ
    Current Contractor - Technical Analyst in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy. Mostly because nobody holds you to account.

Cons

I have worked at several large companies in my life: American Express, PWC, Sage, etc. and have never encountered the culture issues and politics like I have at AAA. Few people are held accountable (and that was confirmed to me by a manager), so trying to get your job done is maddening. One VP stood up in a meeting in front of contractors, employees, and auditors and said, "I can't do the right thing or I'll be fired." The place is crazy.

There is more disrespectful behavior than I have ever witnessed at any job, too. There are FAR too many contractors who don't really have any 'ownership,' for anything which contributes more and more to unaccountability and disrespect. Most of the people I've worked with are either complaining or just "dead" inside. I won't bore you with details, but suffice it to say, I am thoroughly disappointed in working for AAA.

Advice to Management

Get ACCOUNTABLE and hold your employees to account!

"Embarrassing pay, dull workdays that leave you comatose, for a company devoid of spirit."

Pros

- I really, truly cannot think of a single one beyond the fact that you get a free membership for as long as you are employed.

Cons

- Terribly, terribly low pay regardless of office position, length of employment, or additional responsibility.
    - Refusal to offer full time to long-term employees who are forced to offer full-time availability (i.e. ability to be scheduled during any open office hour) without the benefit of seeing 40 hours on a paycheck, health benefits, sick time, proper vacation, etc.
    - The company has their hand in too many aspects of service (road service, travel routing, travel agency, insurance, bail bonds, Visa cards, extended warranties, prescription plans, cell phone services, to name just a few), most of which are not handled whatsoever by the local branch offices or even the local corporate offices, but rather by some 866-number that leads to nobody knows where. It is impossible to provide a coherent answer when a member comes in to ask about them because we are given no further information about the services to educate ourselves and in turn our members.
    - Directly related to the point above is that there is absolutely zero training in place for any position beyond Auto Travel Counseling. No manual outlining membership benefits and allowances besides the ones we give to clients themselves, no manual regarding use of the internal database, no nothing. Even if you do call the local corporate office to secure an answer about a question for a client, you probably won't be told the same thing twice so writing it down yourself does not matter. There is no "above and beyond" from local. You're lucky if they'll reach beyond their keyboard and headset to help you (and subsequently the client).
    - I cannot even begin to describe the lack of updated, functional technology throughout the company. I want to, but I cannot even.
    - Good luck counting more than a handful of clientele that come in a daily basis who are under the age of 65 (and all that this entails). It's a good time trying to teach the Internet to someone over the phone or getting talked to like you're an idiot because you took the time to clarify the client's garbled request. You really do begin to feel as though you should have been certified to work in geriatric social work.
    - Actual services provided have gone downhill or been eliminated and guess who gets to listen to the customer feedback? The office worker!
    - Much of the communication from local corporate is poorly written and nonsensical. You can generally expect some sort of correction or retraction within five minutes of receiving an email regarding something someone did/wrote wrong in their first one.
    - Absolutely zero heart, soul, or spirit in any corporate communication. They're dead inside and hope that you become so as well.

Advice to Management

I don't even really care to provide advice to management because they do not deserve it. If you really want to know, though, I would say first and foremost offer a decent and respectable wage. You're going to continue to employ the same bored, clueless, half-hearted staff you always do if all you're offering is pin money and a part-time schedule with no benefits in an office that barely stays conscious in the course of a day. Who takes a job like that? Housewives (or women already retired from whatever their real job once was) who need a little pocket money for the next time they take a cruise with their gainfully employed husbands, and those who are looking for little more than a lunch break and a padded seat on which to sit while being paid to do so. You get what you pay for, truly. Also, start putting together a truly comprehensive and coherent customer service training manual. Include answers to questions that can't be found in the public verbiage, answers to questions that we're asked on a daily basis and have to stutter through to provide an answer. It's not a good look. And I'm an educated, well-spoken individual.