American Automobile Association (AAA) - Fair company to work for, you'll work hard but be financially rewarded. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

"Fair company to work for, you'll work hard but be financially rewarded."

Former Employee - Member Services in Manchester, NH
Former Employee - Member Services in Manchester, NH

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comprehensive benefits package for full time employees. Competitive bonus and commissions structure.

Cons

Sales quotas and travel agents/member services agents are required to cross sell/promote insurance quotes, car loans and credit card services.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to which employees in the office are "ignoring" customers, doing "busy work" and not pulling their fair share of the work at the member services desk. When I worked there, there were 4 member service agents and I always felt that I was working nonstop without a break while the other three would pick up the phone just as a customer walked in, get up from their desk to go to the bathroom, fax machine, copier, or go outside to take a smoke break - always when a customer was starting to walk in! I am a hard worker but dont like to do the lion's share while others get an "easier" day at my expense.

Other Employee Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

"Here a decade gone tomorrow!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great medical dental vision benefits - below average pay but told you should be lucky to have a job -

Cons

After 10 years was terminated - because some calls that came off my phone line went to a series of beeps -- seriously - downsizing evident - all depts. discussing - one unit outsourced to TX - another to CA - still in shock of it all and feel very sorry for those who are still there. Asked a few months ago to speak with director and was told by his secretary that he was too busy -- whatever happened to OPEN DOOR POLICY? -- Was a waste of a decade of my life, but I id make some friends.

Advice to Management

Hiring the young grad staff college students and forcing the experienced ones out is just wrong.

2. "Same time next year and nothing will have changed"

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Liberal time off and clean building

Cons

Picking up any traction in your career, virtually impossible for a person trying to move from one department to a different one. Raises are embarrassing "honestly"

Advice to Management

'Pay attention to the skill set and education. This is for Human Resources: you do not even begin to perform a decent job in monitoring all of the above said. The considerations are for the same and most of the time it is someone who is less qualified and the department spends a lot of time and effort training only for them to use that position to move up. There are a lot of who have taken the stance,: "I will make sure I do my job and the rest is left for chance" Welcome to the new view of workers self-preservation. They are well aware no one in charge has not given a second thought about their potential or whether they deserve to be considered for better positions. Management and Hr feel there are too many folks out there willing to do it for practically nothing and if we promote this one from within, they may actually make some money.