American Axle & Manufacturing - Not so "American" Axle | Glassdoor

"Not so "American" Axle"

Senior Product Engineer in Minerva, OH

I worked at American Axle & Manufacturing

Pros

American company, but American Axle is becoming less and less American everyday. The work is challenging, the environment is good, but it is not for a family-oriented person. American axle does invest in their employees as far as training, certifications, and schooling.

Cons

Long hours expected and often not compensated. Management often cuts salary and hourly workforce, and those left behind are expected to pick up all the work. This is not conducive to keeping your best employees. The best employees eventually figure out this trick and also figure out that there are better companies out there.

Advice to Management

Weather the storm. I did enjoy my time at AAM, but treat your people better. I understand times are tough, but your salaries are lagging behind.

American Axle & Manufacturing2008-11-25
  1. "Very great place and environment"

Former Intern - IT Intern in Southfield, MI

I worked at American Axle & Manufacturing for less than a year

Pros

- Very friendly environment - Great people to work with - Tasks that I did actually made a difference for the company

Cons

- There are times when you don't have much to do

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-11-18
  2. "College Co-op"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Three Rivers, MI

I worked at American Axle & Manufacturing full-time

Pros

Great place to work and good pay for a full time student working 20-25 hours a week. Gained excellent knowledge that I use in my current role. My management was awesome and always understood that school comes first.

Cons

Not much opportunity for college co-ops to stay after college. This should really be a feeder and development program to hire after college.

Advice to Management

Hire your college co-ops, much less training required when they transition to full time jobs due to them being there for 1-2 years.

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-12-07

Discover more reviews about American Axle & Manufacturing.