American Axle & Manufacturing - Liars, hostile work environment | Glassdoor

"Liars, hostile work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Vernon, IN

I have been working at American Axle & Manufacturing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well it does pay good.

Cons

Where to start. Well first off I was lied to in the interview about not only hours but what my job would be. Now I don't mind the hours cause more money. But they literally put in a job that cause my constant pain with my health problems. I've brought this up to the managers and was basically ignored even though I listed in my application about it. Then there is my "trainers" who are literally two of the most... hostile and snarky people I have ever met. My first day on the job they were going over parts I did which I completely understand since I was new and still learning. But when they found one instead of showing what I missed they took it to the team leader. Who then came and gave me a tongue lashing for having missed that defect. And this is on top of any area with only one light that is just up by the two trainers. Also you only get 3 points per four months and doctor's notes are not accepted. So unless you don't have a life or kids it's not an employee friendly system.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about the 10 hour days seven days a week. Actually listen to employees when they remind you health conditions that are affecting their work and also areas that need improvement like more lighting. And lastly of you want people to stay get rid of hostile people as trainers or high up positions. Otherwise they will drive away any new people you get before they even get their ninety days in.

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-06-10
  1. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at American Axle & Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good opportunities for career advancement

Cons

- It's a big organization so there are many levels of approval. It can cause unnecessary delays.

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-10-08
  2. "Overall great experience"

Current Intern - Finance Intern

I have been working at American Axle & Manufacturing

Pros

Great people Great opportunities to see the company as a whole Flexible schedule Awesome management

Cons

Overall, not many cons. Sometimes work load was light.

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-11-11

Discover more reviews about American Axle & Manufacturing.