American Axle & Manufacturing - Very Good Experience at Royal Oak Metal Forming | Glassdoor
  1. "Very Good Experience at Royal Oak Metal Forming"

Current Intern - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at American Axle & Manufacturing for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance, very positive work environment. Management is very good and gives a good flow of work. Everyone is really willing to help out and answer questions.

Cons

Little-to-no opportunities for overtime, no 401k for co-ops, paid time off is structured so that it's practically impossible for Kettering co-ops to get any at all.

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-11-06
  1. "College Co-op"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Three Rivers, MI

I worked at American Axle & Manufacturing full-time

Pros

Great place to work and good pay for a full time student working 20-25 hours a week. Gained excellent knowledge that I use in my current role. My management was awesome and always understood that school comes first.

Cons

Not much opportunity for college co-ops to stay after college. This should really be a feeder and development program to hire after college.

Advice to Management

Hire your college co-ops, much less training required when they transition to full time jobs due to them being there for 1-2 years.

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-12-07
  2. "Great Experience"

Former Contractor - Control Systems Engineer Co-op

I worked at American Axle & Manufacturing

Pros

Great experience for students if given opportunity. I was able to learn a lot of things about the controls engineering position.

Cons

Needs more company diversity. No Proper training for interns

American Axle & Manufacturing2019-11-26

Discover more reviews about American Axle & Manufacturing.