American Cancer Society - I worked in the Oakland Division as one of the top data entry clerks with Oscar Gonzalez. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

"I worked in the Oakland Division as one of the top data entry clerks with Oscar Gonzalez."

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Oakland, CA

I worked at American Cancer Society full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I loved the family like feeling with my co-workers and the fact that we performed under our best with a team player attitude and excellent work ethics. It was like working with family.

Cons

The customer service challenge was both challenging and rewarding. Help a constituent and finding the problem was very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Oscar Gonzalez who works at the Oakland Division office is the perfect example of management to myself. His example of being a very caring person and team player has made me a better employee. He has furthered my skills in customer service. My advice is to be approachable to your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society

1. "Patient Resource Specialist"

Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Resource Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere, they really care about employees, great benefits. I have made great friendships. Can pursue other things outside of work, in my case family.

Cons

No room for growth.

2. "The American Cancer Society is a great place to work. The volunteers are amazing and the staff get along famously."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its amazing to wake up and know that you will make a difference in people's lives that day. Its also nice that everyone is so friendly. The staff here are more like a family. They have great benefits and a good amount of paid time off.

Cons

It is not high pay for the amount of work you have to do, but the rewards make it worth it.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance could use some improvement. Although I understand that when working with volunteers, you have to be on their time schedule rather than one you make yourself.