American Direct Marketing Resources - Undervalued and frustrating | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Undervalued and frustrating"

Pros

Somehow American Direct has managed to gather some really amazing and talented people to work there. Just how much longer this will be true, is the question.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with the employees and how the company runs. Almost every department is understaffed and overwhelmed. The morale is at an all time low, yet goes unnoticed by those that could and should do something about it. Team work is an almost non existent concept.

Advice to Management

The small group of people that determine the course of American Direct need to take a realistic look at what is happening at the company and how it is affecting the employees. They show no interest or concern that there are some major problems with how the company is currently running.

Other Employee Reviews for American Direct Marketing Resources

1. "Strong stable company"

Pros

Great benefits, great employee perks, annual raises, respect for work/family balance, independent work encouraged, left alone to do your work

Cons

Performance reviews are non-existent. They just give you your raise amount and that's it. Some departments are micro-managed. Leader of the company is very conservative and old school.

Advice to Management

Communicate with employees, praise positive efforts and results, weekly casual day, don't treat support staff as less than, performance reviews

2. "Work hard and have fun"

I have been working at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time

Pros

Great group of creative and fun people. I love the fact that many dress up for Halloween and the departments put on a party. For the holidays someone decorated our CEO's cardboard cutout with a cotton ball beard and a santa hat -- and our CEO thought it was awesome. Everyone cares about our clients and want to do the best we can to hit our deadlines. It's definitely a team effort that doesn't hesitate to go across department lines. Everyone works really hard.

Cons

Tight deadlines. Challenging clients. Alway want everything perfect.

Advice to Management

Keep acknowledging our efforts and supporting our growth. (thanks for the snacks and lunches)

American Direct Marketing Resources Response

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback.

You are right about the creative and fun people that work at ADMR. We know when to have fun and we know when to work, it is the right balance that helps set us apart... More