American Eagle Outfitters - can be a fun experience, depending on the management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

"can be a fun experience, depending on the management"

Current Employee - Stock Associate in Massapequa, NY
Current Employee - Stock Associate in Massapequa, NY

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

discount, hours, upper management sometimes will show appreciate to it's associates. working can be fun with various contests.

Cons

working the floorsets (over nights)

Advice to Management

management has the potential to be more organized. they need to figure out how to run overnights in a more productive way rather than have their associates work from 9pm-7am (sometimes earlier). there is no extra incentive such as time and a half for working floor sets.

Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

1. "American Eagle can most certainly be a handful."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best advantage of working at AEO is the employee discount! You can't beat 40% off!

Cons

The down sides are the hours for sure. As an associate you will never get more than 4 and a half hour shifts averaging at 2 times a week.

Advice to Management

The company seems to play some favorites and I think they should be open to all of the possibilities of an associate, team, and store.

2. "Fun environment, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a lot of fun to work here because you are constantly meeting new people, and your coworkers are nice and fun to be around. I really like all of my managers and coming to work is a lot of fun. I was late the first two shifts I had to work and my manager was fine because I was able to call in beforehand. It is a very relaxed environment and the employee discount is great.

Cons

Your hours are based not on your sales ethics, but how many rewards and credit cards you get out. You can be extremely friendly and add on tons of clothes to raise the store's conversion, but if you can't sell the credit cards you get the worst hours. Some employees work 6 days a week and others work only one. Another thing that sucks? Call-in shifts. You have to call before you go in and sometimes they will tell you you don't need to come in, or sometimes they will tell you to come in and then will send you home early.