American Eagle Outfitters - Best part-time job I've ever had as a Sales Associate. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

"Best part-time job I've ever had as a Sales Associate."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Danbury, CT

I worked at American Eagle Outfitters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an amazing employee discount, the hours were flexible, and the team I got to work with gave me great opportunities! They clearly value their sales associates and the time they spend working in the store.

Cons

Shifts were long and customers could be overbearing at times, but management was there every step of the way to help and make sure that things were running smoothly.

Advice to Management

Management was understanding and flexible. Make sure to keep hiring passionate young sales people with bright personalities and excellent customer service! They'll need it!

Other Employee Reviews for American Eagle Outfitters

1. "Excellent job for college student"

Current Employee - Key Holder in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Omaha, NE

I have been working at American Eagle Outfitters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing discounts (25% off all clearance, 40% off all other merchandise, up to 12 selected items 60% off each month, and plus 3 items 80% off each month)
    - Contests with great prizes
    - Great atmosphere and coworkers
    - Reasonable sales goals and tools to achieve those goals
    - New technology to use for training, stocking, and selling
    - On trend clothing
    - Fairly good customer service (great return policy) so customer interactions are usually pleasant
    - Personal experience- I am a college student in the key holder position. It is very easy to balance work, school, and life. I enjoy my job and the responsibilities I have been given in this position.

Cons

- Expectations vary from store to store and manager to manager
    - Merchandise flow difficult to establish and maintain
    - Some lazy associates
    - Difficult to suggest or implement new ideas
    - Shipment process (stores know what is selling so they should have some input on what is sent fore replenishment)
    - View of return transactions (returns have a huge impact on sales for the day, they should not be disregarded. additionally, stores should not suffer for accepting online returns)
    - Training of new management (new management staff needs to be completely trained to facilitate a management team)
    - Personal experience- frequent changes in management make it very hard to create stability, thus expectations are not met and the entire store suffers. Stores need to work as a team with a positive outlook in order to win.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on the sales floor- they know what happens day to day. Corporate comes up with some excellent ideas, however, they are not always the best when put into practice.

2. "Boring and bad management"

Pros

They have a good employee discount and the work is very easy, mainly folding clothes and bothering customers.

Cons

A lot of standing doing nothing and didn't have shifts more than 4 hours