American Equity Mortgage - Mortgage Consultant | Glassdoor

"Mortgage Consultant"

Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at American Equity Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least with my experience, the people I worked with were awesome which certainly helps the day go by and you enjoy working with the people around you. Unlimited earning potential. 40 hour work weeks which is short compared to many jobs and usually off by 2-3pm on Fridays.

Cons

Scummy industry and corporate leadership. Takes them forever to close loans which means you won't make that "6 figures" they promise you. The fees for doing a loan with AEM are ridiculous, you basically have to lie to people about the costs. The company will tell you that pretty much the only way you'll close someone is if they come in the office, at that point they'll sign regardless of costs and fees because they just drove to meet you.

Basically, a lot of over promising and under delivering.

Other Employee Reviews for American Equity Mortgage

1. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at American Equity Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good location, nice hours, friendly staff

Cons

Business and clientele was weak, little business, little pay

2. "I have finally found a company that compensates me for my talent, rewards effort, and provides opportunity to grow."

Current Employee - Mortgage Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The vision of the company is second to none. There is an unbelievable opportunity for advancement, and you will be compensated very well for your talent and effort. It is by far the most professional and positive company I have ever worked for. The leadership of this company is dynamic and exciting. I look forward to coming into work every day as I feel as I finally have a career rather than just a job.

Cons

Honestly, I have yet to experience a downside.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to actually have a career. It is very refreshing to know that there are still growing comanies out there that offer real, tangible opportunities to establish a long-term careeer. This career has literally changed my life.