American Family Insurance - good pay, LOTS of hours, no room for advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Family Insurance

"good pay, LOTS of hours, no room for advancement"

Current Employee - Senior Field Adjuster in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Senior Field Adjuster in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Pay scale is good compared to most other P&C companies in the area. Good local managers, co-workers.

Cons

pay may be good, but when figured into hours worked, its not that great. Poor senior leadership, very reactive, not proactive at all, not forward thinking

Advice to Management

quit listening to consultants that sold their ideas to other companies years ago, and now try to implement those old ideas with Am Fam. Senior management needs to be in touch with the claims handlers today, its not the same job they did 15 years ago- a lot has changed.

Other Employee Reviews for American Family Insurance

1. "Wonderful company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

I started at American Family Insurance last year and have been pleasantly surprised by the supportive and diverse culture. Our company supports employees with lots of opportunity for career growth, better than average compensation, unique benefits and work/life balance. I feel like American Family Insurance is a stable yet progressive company. I would highly recommend AmFam as a place to work!

Cons

I really don't have any cons.

2. "Gaining a vision and the tools and support to go after it."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Coffeyville, KS
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Coffeyville, KS

Pros

American Family has great tools and products that are easy to work with and sell, I love working for something I can believe in. Management has always been very supportive to me, very reciprocal. The people at AmFam are great to work with, the culture of caring and helping is very prevalent.

I give American Family Insurance a 5.

Cons

The upper management is removed too far from the field. This is changing, but slowly. The older agent base is very set in their ways, which makes change difficult company wide. The systems are ancient, but this is also being changed slowly. This company has the issues inherent to older, private companies, and this keeps them from being an industry leader

Advice to Management

Thank you for your support! Please increase your communication and connection to the field. Building and showcasing a vision is crucial for the changes necessary.