American Family Insurance - Disappointed long term former employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Family Insurance

"Disappointed long term former employee"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, WI

I worked at American Family Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can not think of any pros at this time

Cons

extremely stressed environment, uncaring upper management and forced hours. Also, long term employees like myself (27+) years are being treated as expenses to be cut at will and not as normal human beings.

Advice to Management

Go back to caring about your employees as people, not robots or expenses that can be cut at will. Stop expecting employees to never show frustration or anger. Start protecting your employees dreams, not just your customer dreams!

Other Employee Reviews for American Family Insurance

""AIT" Agent in Training should be "PIT" Puppet In Training!!!!"

Former Employee - Making Better Money and I Am Free in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Making Better Money and I Am Free in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at American Family Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent Claim Service. Agents are taught insurance, billing, underwriting skills and many other skills that are great for this fabulous career. Can make very good money as long as you play along. Get to meet some wonderful people of all kinds, this can change your life in many good ways. Get to take great trips with the company if you sell your ass off in Life Insurance.

Cons

Company smiles at your face and then stabs you in the back, so do not rust your ASM. EVER! Agents are made into puppets, they are treated bad if you do not sell Life Insurance and hit all of your impossible company goals. Company management are changing this company for the worse. There is no Family in American Family anymore. Agency Support is at its worse. Your stress level will make you sick. The trips you win are not free, you get 1099 on everything at the end of the year. Take the money and take your family somewhere else. Cheaper!

Advice to Management

Fire Yourself! You are all a disgrace for the way you let management treat agents. You tell us things are tight and we have to work harder and then you have the balls to take millions of dollars in bonuses. You took your bonuses right after you cut the throat of many good agents and employees. You smile to the agents but you are not a friend, you have become the enemy, and not because of the employees or agents. Its because you have no idea how to lead and you hire inept people. You all stand up there and think your s hit don't stink. Guess what? Its does and all of the agents know it. 7 out of 10 agents are unhappy, the balance have brown on their nose from placing it up your a ss or just young and don't know any better yet. You are losing your best agents Jack!

"Struggling with Change"

Former Employee - Applications Technology Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Applications Technology Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at American Family Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong history and brand recognition. The company is made up of a lot of good people trying to keep the company together. Leadership realizes the company must change to stay competitive in today's market.

Cons

Products lack innovation. Leadership lacks a common direction on how to make the changes needed. I/S is a utility group to the business. The informal shadow IT groups are more forward thinking and have more political support.

Advice to Management

Work together and have the courage to lead the company in a common direction.