American Family Insurance - I/S is going downhill with no solution in sight | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Family Insurance

"I/S is going downhill with no solution in sight"

Former Contractor - Software Consultant in Madison, WI
Former Contractor - Software Consultant in Madison, WI

I worked at American Family Insurance as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work / Life Balance
Compensation and Benefits
Free covered parking lot
A chance to work with pleasant knowledgeable people (if you are lucky)

Cons

An interesting mix of over-regulation and chaos in I/.S. Lack of transparency in decision-making. Lack of competence on all levels aggravated by favoritism.
A chance to work with mean and/or incompetent people (if you are unlucky)

Advice to Management

Advice to Higher Management: Be more direct and honest, open and less hypocritical. Deal with the lack of strategic thinking, incompetence, and favoritism in I/S.

Other Employee Reviews for American Family Insurance

1. "Computer Technician"

Former Employee - Computer Services Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Computer Services Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Family Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Nice 401k match and good amount of sick time and vacation time. Plus flexible work schedule. High compensation for most positions.

Cons

Limited healthcare plans and expensive for family plan. It cost me $600 a month. I don't know how someone could afford this with an entry level position. Not much room for advancement outside of Madison, WI

Advice to Management

Move more IT positions outside WI. This will allow for more talent acquisition and provide for more redundancy of IT operations.

"Horrible Company to work for!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Care Center Associate Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at American Family Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No real pros besides the pay and benefits, but it is an Insurance company afterall.

Cons

They do not care about the employees one bit. All they care about is the numbers. Numbers meaning call statistics, amount of referrals to shops they are tied with, managers will not help you, will not answer questions, will not bring your questions to upper management, HR will not listen to you or anything that you bring to them. Upper management and Corporate executives are all about making money and do not care about the employees.

Advice to Management

Get with the program and stop basing things off of statistics and things like CRP referrals.