American Family Insurance - Overall a Great Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Family Insurance

"Overall a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Family Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people and the flexibility and the benefits are pretty hard to beat. We are generally on the cutting edge of industry trends, technology and practices. Decent commitment to continuing education. The committment to the customers is second to none. I highly value the integrity of the organization, my leadership and those I have worked with.

Cons

Any type of change takes herculean effort, meetings, committees, subcommittees, etc. to make even the most minuscule progress. It can be positively maddening. Though this is well known and there is constant challenge to the organization to figure out a way to become more "nimble", without a major shakeup I don't see much changing as this is a large part of the culture.

Advice to Management

Keep doing whaty you're doing. I think we're headed in the right direction.

Other Employee Reviews for American Family Insurance

1. "Be prepared to write whatever business whether good or bad just to make your numbers."

Current Employee - Agent In Training in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Agent In Training in Evanston, IL

I have been working at American Family Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, Good education team, a lot of paid company training.

Cons

Unless you have a big family, or large center of influence it is tough to add new business in an economy where people are just looking to save money and really don't care about the coverage they have, until there is a problem.

Advice to Management

Keel expectations consistent. My mentor experience was much different than that of my peers and I feel that I didn't get the best experience even though I like my mentor as a person.

2. "Can't Complain"

Current Employee - Specialist in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Specialist in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Family Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Flex time and dress for your day is great.

Cons

The culture isn't finished changing. Some people are working hard to shift the company to a more competitive and dynamic landscape - others are just collecting a paycheck. Also, don't think your just going to move up here. Some people, depending on the write connections,are more likely than others.

Advice to Management

Come downstairs more often, out of A3, and get the temperature of the company that way.