American Fidelity Assurance Company - Great training, horrible management, high turnover, and questionable business model. | Glassdoor

"Great training, horrible management, high turnover, and questionable business model."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will receive the latest and greatest in training and technology. Currently it is centered around Salesforce, and Gartner's Challenger sales method. The compensation is above industry average as well.

Cons

Major structural flaws that management has no interest in changing. The company markets the account manager position as unbiased benefits consultant to the school districts. However solutions you recommend need to include AF products if you want to proceed. Overall the position and company are a tragedy, there is a real need for benefits education in the school system. Unfortunately the model they use just funnels money back to the company's owner Bill Cameron. Who happens to be the 103rd richest person in the world.

Continue reading
    American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-08-06

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

August 9, 2019Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad to hear that about the training, technology and compensation. We’re sorry to hear that’s how you feel about our sales model and hope that you’ve discussed with your manager. Our focus is to be a different opinion to our Customers and policyholders and as you noted, we use the Challenger sales model to help us provide solutions that meet our Customers’ specific needs. Our products and services are designed specifically for the select industries we do business with, including the education industry. We agree that providing benefits education is important, and have a blog dedicated to that here: https://solutions.americanfidelity.com/categories/Employee%20Education.

Continue reading
  1. "Definitely one of Fortune's Best Places to Work"

Current Intern - Customer Experience in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity for growth Relaxed work environment Work from home Awesome benefits Be part of a great team where you will fit in perfectly

Cons

None at all. Great place

American Fidelity Assurance Company2020-02-20
  2. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay structure, wonderful benefits and team driven environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2020-01-15

Discover more reviews about American Fidelity Assurance Company.