American Fidelity Assurance Company - Managers lack respect for employee | Glassdoor
  1. "Managers lack respect for employee"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Yes you do get a car to use, that was good. Training consisted of one week on school site enrolling less then 10 teachers. No time to learn their Annuity software. Learned it on the fly in front of a customer. Not good. Traveling was more than expected. Anticapate being out of town in Redding or other location for 6 days at a time then come home to leave out on Sunday for another week. Their base is very low, 35K, but you work 55 hours plus per week. Think it works out to $14 an hour for a seasoned experienced life agent.

Cons

The managers provided no employee handbook, nor provide what their red line rules are that could result in a termination or displinary action. When it happens there is no communication on the issue or problem, then you are placed on unpaid leave. Not even an email, text or letter of what happened to justify their actions. So expect to be thrown out to schools with little guidence, expectation, nor training for $14 an hour.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-26

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

October 1, 2019Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand how important training is to a successful sales career. Our sales team is required to complete numerous training courses in the first five months, including: • Account Manager Fundamentals Handbook - 21 lessons reviewed and acknowledged with manager • Product guide (in-depth look at all product offerings) • 7 online product courses (1 hour each) • 5 online courses covering company information such as data security, compensation and your company car (30 minutes each) • 56 hours of live training (3 days on product, 2 days on company info, 2 days on sales methodology) • 4 hours of anti-fraud training Colleagues may receive additional training from their direct manager. Due to the learning curve, unlike many of our sales positions, we do offer a base salary, but sales Colleagues also earn monthly commissions, plus have opportunities for additional earnings through a consistency bonus program and sales contests.

Continue reading
  1. "Definitely one of Fortune's Best Places to Work"

Current Intern - Customer Experience in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity for growth Relaxed work environment Work from home Awesome benefits Be part of a great team where you will fit in perfectly

Cons

None at all. Great place

American Fidelity Assurance Company2020-02-20
  2. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay structure, wonderful benefits and team driven environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2020-01-15

Discover more reviews about American Fidelity Assurance Company.