American Food & Vending - Run and Never look back | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Food & Vending

"Run and Never look back"

Former Employee - Route Driver in Taylor, PA
Former Employee - Route Driver in Taylor, PA

Pros

Good pay
Can eat anything from your truck
Work by yourself

Cons

Warehouse always running out of proiducts or giving you out of date products. When this happens the route drivers get in trouble. Managers never let you take a day off until your vaction. They tell you they pay for two weeks of vaction time after 2 years, but after your vaction you find out that you only get one. The hours are from 3 am til 3 pm monday thur friday and sat or sun from 8 am til 2pm. That's rigth you work 60 to 70 hours a weeks but only get paid for 40 hors. The pay is ok but they should pay their drivers more money. The drivers make about 40,000 a year and do all the work and the managers make about 100,000 a year and do nothing. Oh and don,t think that you,ll start as a driver and get promoted to manager because they hire managers from outside the company.

Advice to Management

You guys should praise your drivers more because they are want keeps this company alive. Pay your drivers more money and let them be independent.

Other Employee Reviews for American Food & Vending

1. "Very confusing as District Management lacks direction"

Former Employee - Catering Intern in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Catering Intern in Syracuse, NY

Pros

Work is easy. The pay rate for the work I completed was nice. I did a lot of driving which was a nice break from the menial and mundane daily tasks of organizing the storage room or washing dishes all day. I did get to see several different facilities when I covered a lot of vacation time. I was given some responsibility when I covered a 2nd shift vacation during my last week for the company. Even then, the work was unsatisfying and simple.

Cons

I washed a lot of dishes. A lot of random cleaning. I was mostly an errand boy. Whatever needed to be done for the company, filling catering shifts, cleaning up caterings, assisting chef with prep work. Really basic stuff.

2. "Disorganized at best"

Former Employee - Cook in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Cook in Irving, TX

Pros

The pay is competitive for the positions. Uniform shirts and shoes are supplied.

Cons

Family-owned company growing by undercutting industry leaders in the bidding process. The contracts are often not sustainable, so the company hires, cuts hours, transfers, and lays off hourly employees regularly. Typical negative aspects of corporate-type management without tangible benefits of structure. Personality-driven middle management.

Advice to Management

Standardize policies and procedures with communications and training. The hourlies hired on the basis of ability to pass background checks are often inexperienced and the Chef-managers don't have time to train. Written job descriptions might help. Consider altering sales commissions to include sustainability.