American Furniture Warehouse - Great Opportunities Afforded by Simply Being a GOOD Employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Furniture Warehouse

"Great Opportunities Afforded by Simply Being a GOOD Employee"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at American Furniture Warehouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

More than competitive pay, great (affordable) benefits, and even though it’s a huge company, it still has that family feel. I enjoy my coworkers and I enjoy coming to work. Being on commission gives me the ability to make as much pay as want.

Cons

The hours can be tough but it’s retail and this was explained to me before I was hired. I've been employeed for close to a year and don't have much to say that's negative.

Advice to Management

Been very happy with managment!

Other Employee Reviews for American Furniture Warehouse

"Worse place to work ever!o"

Former Employee - Delivery Drives in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Former Employee - Delivery Drives in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I worked at American Furniture Warehouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tips from the nice customers.

Cons

Your paid commission you work 14 to 18 hour days so some days you get below minimum wage. They don't care about there employees. The furniture is broke cracked so it makes us the delivery drives look like crap . When the warehouse guys don't get the trucks loaded they make the drivers do it. Management doest give a crap.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Think about there families.

"I would never work there again nor would I recommend any one else there as well."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

Pros

The employess are great people.

Cons

If you have a family and enjoy seeing them then I strongly advise you to STAY AWAY from there. They will not work with you when it comes to a family issue's. If you are being looked at for management you better not have a family they will turn you down. Management is a huge joke there. There is no leadership at all. Jake Jabs needs to stand up and take care of the problems that are higher up!! It is poor comapny to work for. If you enjoy no communication,being looked down at all the time, being belittled by management and have no family life then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

You guys need some seriouse 101 people skills. You are a poor excuses for mangers!!!! How any one in that comapny even got manger is beyond me. I think thay have classes on how to be professional in a bussiness setting and how to lead you might want to look into them!!