American Greetings - I had a great time working with American Greetings. A lot of opportunity to grow as a artist. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Greetings

"I had a great time working with American Greetings. A lot of opportunity to grow as a artist."

Former Employee - Creative Developer in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Creative Developer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at American Greetings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to grow by working on different projects

Cons

Don't have anything to say regarding Cons

Other Employee Reviews for American Greetings

"TRS / PTM"

Current Employee - TRS/PTM in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - TRS/PTM in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at American Greetings part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, truly just a part time job

Cons

No growth opportunity unless willing to relocate, doesn't promote from within, required to work day after major holidays

Advice to Management

Since the PTMs and TRSs are the backbone of your compnay, trying paying a decent wage and providing growth opportunity for those whose interested. Strongly consider have upper management actually work in the field to achieve a better understanding of these positions.

"Glad I got the experience working in this field but this is definitely not the job for me to stay at for years."

Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at American Greetings part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexibility: I can go into the stores service at anytime of the day
    - Independence: I'm not in an office all day with a supervisor or co-workers breathing down my neck
    - Pay: The rate per hour is pretty good compared to retail stores and payday is every Friday
    - Travel Pay: Although you don't get paid driving from home to a store or from a store back home, you do get paid for the time traveled in between stores.
    - If you just want to make a little more money each month, or are retired and just want a job to keep you busy during the week, this is perfect for you. (However, the job can be very labor intense so you will be on your knees a lot, bending down often, reaching up, lifting heavy boxes and constantly getting paper cuts and scratches from all the paper and card board you will be working with.)

Cons

- No Consistency: Hours per week can vary greatly. One week I might have only worked 10 hours, the next week 36 and the following week 20 hours.
    - High turn around rate: So many people quit, or supervisors switch and because there's no office it's hard to know who's still working where. There's never enough people for revisions or enough people to cover for you when you're sick
    - Not enough supervisor support: One supervisor has to be in charge of hundreds of stores which of course is too much for one person. Some stores go neglected or unnoticed.
    - No growth opportunities: You can't really go up in this company. If you start as a part time merchandiser, you're pretty much going to remain that until you leave. A lot of the people in my area are middle aged women and older and have been working for the company for 5 years or more.
    - If you have allergies, DO NOT work here. You will often be in dusty stock rooms and dealing with old dusty cards and card cabinets.

Advice to Management

Please hire more assistant supervisors or create some positions close to that. There's never enough help, a lot of things can never get done and there's too many issues to handle because its all too much for one supervisor to handle. And please do a better job of trying to hire people. There's never enough merchandisers for any support.