American Honda Motor - Great company with awesome benefits and fun people to work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Honda Motor

"Great company with awesome benefits and fun people to work with."

Current Employee - Stock Material Handler in Davenport, IA
Current Employee - Stock Material Handler in Davenport, IA

I have been working at American Honda Motor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits and compensation are great for the work. Great company with a clear direction for the future.

Cons

People are promoted not because they are the most qualified but because they trying to hit a number a lot of times. Management struggles to make good timely decisions that make sense to for the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and have develop a more efficient and reliable communication system

Other Employee Reviews for American Honda Motor

1. "Enthusiastic Honda Associate"

Current Employee - Stock Material Handler in French Camp, CA
    Current Employee - Stock Material Handler in French Camp, CA

I have been working at American Honda Motor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! The benefits are amazing and the pay is great. Depending on where you are located within the company it can be hard to advance. Nearly impossible to lose your job.

Cons

Management does not listen to associate input. Since the company does not fire people, Honda employs some below average people that ruin the work environment. They hold on to temporaries that are often below par because they simply show up to work every day.

2. "Conservative, nice enviornment"

Current Contractor - Computer Systems Administrator in Torrance, CA
    Current Contractor - Computer Systems Administrator in Torrance, CA

I have been working at American Honda Motor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a lot of freedom to work on my own projects with little management unless I asked for it. Everyone was nice there. Honda campus was beautiful and had many features such as a gym and sports fields. People were friendly and nice. There were a lot of security issues so you were given a code to access only certain rooms. The security actually made the job more exciting. I was allowed to go in certain rooms to work on the computers that I was maintaining but they had to have guards there with me so I wouldn't look at classified projects. It didn't interfere with my work but it was fun to go through that process.

Cons

There were no real cons working here besides the fact that it was quiet and conservative.