American Income Life - Great Opportunity and Freedom to Succeed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Income Life

"Great Opportunity and Freedom to Succeed"

Current Employee - General Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - General Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company gives you the freedom and the tools to succeed. They do not leave you to flounder on your own. You always have access to leaders and managers that are willing and able to give you every oppotunity to succeed. Promotions are based on achievements and not just availability. This means there are no barriers to success. The company also pays for training. The best part is that you are providing services to clients that can truly save them from financial hardship.

Cons

It's hard work, but the rewards are well worth it.

Other Employee Reviews for American Income Life

"Life changing career"

Current Employee - Benefits Representative in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Benefits Representative in Toledo, OH

I have been working at American Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many great things to say about American Income Life. The Agency that I work for is Surace-Smith out of the Toledo office. The biggest Pro to this company is the Leadership from the top of the top to my immediate supervisor. They motivate you and challenge you to be your absolute best. The stability is the second most impressive part of this company as this company is providing a product that is needed regardless of the economy. The paychecks are just another one of the many reasons that this organization is unbeatable to work for. Not only is the leadership great, motivation positive, and the work stable, and paychecks amazing, but the work environment is like a family - humor and fun is important part of a health environment, but most importantly, these people are family - there for each other whenever anyone needs it. With all of that being said the #1 pro to this company is that when I wake up in the morning I can't wait to get to work.

Cons

There are very few cons if any for working for this company. The biggest thing that may be perceived as a con is the amount of time that you should designate to master your craft. What you think is enough prior to joining you find out needs further development - this is where development and success is found. When I was hired, my manager was very clear on the challenges and what it will take. The process is not easy; however, it is worth it when you start to climb to the top of your potential.

Another thing that can be perceived as a con (or negative/difficult for people) is that leadership will not allow you to stay mediocre. The people I work with - leadership or not - have high standards. We count on each other in our office. This is not something that is always comfortable for people understanding that the responsibility we have to our clients is to be our best. It is ok to be pushed, its ok to be challenged, its ok to understand you can do better. That is what I found life is all about. Commit to success and those few cons that you see in the beginning turn out to be the catalyst to living an amazing life - not just financially.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing, lead by example, motivate and encourage like your are currently doing. Continue to provide us with the teaching and resources that we use everyday to be successful.

"Deceptive Sales Practices and Bad Products"

Former Employee - MGA in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - MGA in Portland, OR

I worked at American Income Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work your own schedule- as little or as much

Cons

Poor product setup
    Compensation is weak

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees