American Laser Skincare - Missing Medical Director, unethical tactics, high pressure | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Laser Skincare

"Missing Medical Director, unethical tactics, high pressure"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Sacramento, CA

I worked at American Laser Skincare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you don't have a job, it's better to have a job than no job.That being said, once you get hired here, you become more and more useless for other nursing jobs as your skill set goes out the window and becomes invaluable.

Cons

Sales are king, and that pushes all other concerns out the door. Nurses need to work for Doctors, not for a sales company. Nurses should always check legal requirements for treating patients, and make sure they are legally providing care. Clients are patients, be careful nurses. I worked for 2 years for this company and I'm glad to be out.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to the people that actually treat your "customers", (patients).

American Laser Skincare Response

Mar 3, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

This is not accurate. We do not have a "Missing Director". We currently do have a Medical Director.

Other Employee Reviews for American Laser Skincare

"could be fun but most of the time pressured"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at American Laser Skincare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, decent pay, less stress

Cons

very corporate job, does not really care about customer service but mostly sales job

Advice to Management

hire better employees and managers. focus more on customer care and the overall appearance of the clinic

"Think twice before applying to this company !"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at American Laser Skincare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only thing "Pro" about this company is working with the clients. The wages are decent if, you can stay employed by them...

Cons

"Cons" Everything this company is. There is NO structure and extremely unorganized. You better hit the monthly (High-pressure sales) quota, The turn over is out of hand! This company is a great example of how & why working for "Corporate Companies" gets such a bad wrap to work for. This companies motto, preached daily, Sales are #1, treating the clients for services #2. So sad !

Advice to Management

I would suggest getting on the same page! From Corporate Headquarters, Regionals, to Managers. COMMUNICATION !!!!!