American Marketing and Publishing - I could not see my self working any where else!! Best job hands down! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

"I could not see my self working any where else!! Best job hands down!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Valparaiso, IN

Pros

- Tons of support, they really prepare you for the job
- Understanding of "family life"
- Great PTO and vacation
- Health benefits are amazing
- You are treated like a person and not a machine who does not matter
- Potential to make a lot of money!

Cons

This job is not for everyone, you have to work very hard and find a good balance between work and home but it is possible. It can be long hours but it really pays off in the long run.

Other Employee Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

"The hardest job I have ever done...and also the most rewarding!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Madison, WI

Pros

This company is such a positive company to work for! There is always someone to help you out if you have a question about something or need advice on how to better your career! As a sales rep, you are in complete control of your earnings, and the sky is the limit!

Cons

This job is not for everyone. It is a lot of hours and takes a lot of hard work and dedication. You need to be thick skinned and be able to handle rejection.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the leadership trainings on a monthly basis and the morning leadership calls! These are so awesome to be a part of!

"An outsized opportunity for the right candidate!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales, East Region in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales, East Region in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

We have an unmatched opportunity at American Marketing and Publishing, LLC! It is not the right opportunity for everyone but for someone who loves working hard, has a great attitude, takes coaching well, loves small business owners, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and is comfortable being highly persuasive with anyone, anywhere, any time, the opportunity is unlimited!! The leadership team embodies these qualities and leads by example while being totally invested in the success of each team member. You give a lot in our business and you will get a lot. I started with the company in 2004 with no advertising business to business sales experience. I received amazing training, professional development, and all of the tools I needed to be successful. I worked hard and have had the good fortune of growing up within the organization while growing my career. The organization is stronger, smarter,more successful, and steeping with more opportunity than at any other point in history!

Cons

This is not the right opportunity for everyone. There are some really talented people who don't connect with our sale. It is very rare that a talented sales person is unsuccessful if they follow the AMP recipe for success. Failure is almost always attributed to a sales person not wanting to work as hard a we do( 44 field hours a week making 200 comfortable cold calls), making a large number of very rewarding small sales each week vs. large account acquisition, or are uncomfortable with a quick sale and try to make our sale a consultative or a multistage relationship sale. We have a very specific way of selling our products so if following and internalizing a standardized formula for selling is something you are uncomfortable with, then this is probably not the right home for you. We are passionate and knowledgeable about what we do and how we do it and stand alone in the industry for a reason!