American Marketing and Publishing - Good initial training. High Pressure Sales environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

"Good initial training. High Pressure Sales environment."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Ottawa, IL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Ottawa, IL

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The initial week or two of training is very intense. It was very well structured and engaging.
Had short morning training calls to talk about products, and ideas and actual example of successes. It was very motivating.

Cons

Micromanaged to the extreme. High quota requirements for the small communities that we served. Quota is more difficult to achieve with dying yellow page product. Had to sell $10k of advertising before you made a dime. Very low base salary.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees more like professionals . Give people a chance to build career. The way it is currently structured, if a sales rep doesn't have outstanding performance with in 6 months, then reps are fired.

Other Employee Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

"AMP was the moat exciting fun company I worked for up until about month 2... Downhill after that"

Former Employee - Community Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Community Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunity to earn a large income (if you like working 50-60 hours a week)
    The CEO is one the most amazing people I've met. Abe cares about his employees
    The sales positions were not relationship sales
    The pace was go go go and I liked that

Cons

The pay scale with salary plus bonus and incentives is way too confusing to control your income goals

The miles driven each month for me was on average 5,000 miles and add the wear and tear on vehicle and everything else you find yourself realizing the money is nice but you spend too much to work just to do it again the next month

Most stressful job I've ever had

Management and training for sales field was non existent

Advice to Management

Get a field trainer to help your sales reps keep momentum. All district/communities/ towns etc should have and ADM AND DM. ONE VP can't take on all that and say that it's enjoyable or beneficial for sales reps

Sales facts needs minimized or executed correct by EVERYONE

2. "Year in review: hard work= great money and all in all helping small business owners has been very rewarding!"

Current Employee - Renewal Account Representative in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Renewal Account Representative in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to make a very large amount of money, support and training is amazing, daily/monthly contests, when we would like a raise on our paychecks we just work harder to make sales.

Cons

Two nights a week, we work until 7 but it gives us the time to meet with our home-based small businesses. Small salary but there are plenty of companies that only offer commission only positions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work--we always have support and encouragement from all of y ou and I know that each of you believe in every one of us!