Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company Ever

Jan 8, 2021 - Senior Digital Marketing Manager in Bowling Green, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are several things I love about this job. -potential to make what you want instead of set amount. You get paid for your effort. -I like being on my own in the field but having a manager that will do everything she can to help me. -I love the competition. -I love making dreams come true with a lot of these small home based businesses. -I love having a manager and a VP that truly have my best interest at heart always! -Having a base salary in a sales position is awesome of AMP! But, I love the fact that my paycheck has grown larger over time because of my efforts. I’m not stuck! -we’ve been needed BADLY during the pandemic!

Cons

Not really cons but reality! -wear and tear on your vehicle (with effort you can buy a new one more often though!) - long hours. If you want to be the best, you put in the time and effort and spend time at night & on weekends doing research & planning!

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

American Marketing and Publishing Response

Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback of AMP. We are committed to improving our company, culture, and business solutions and take all feedback as helpful to make AMP a better workplace. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy helping small businesses, the compensation, recognition, and training that you receive. Thank you!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

May 3, 2021 - Sales Representative in Menominee, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for advancement and training.

Cons

Driving, long days, door to door.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Perfect For Motivated & Disciplined Professionals

Mar 23, 2021 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Performance Based Pay -They promote from within exclusively -Incredible Frontline Leadership -Culture is the best I’ve ever seen in a sales organization. Everybody wants to help and is more than willing to go above and beyond to remove obstacles. -Working with small business owners is an incredible experience. It builds confidence and stretches the AMP employees to become more intelligent, distinguished sales professionals. -The incredible growth since 1997 (1 state to now 16 states they work in) and always enhancing their products/services shows they are committed to providing the best for their clients.

Cons

-High accountability career path where success is created based on a combination of company provided training and extremely hard work by the employee. -For people looking for an 9-5 punch the clock type of position, outside sales at AMP is probably not the right fit. Small business owners are some of the hardest working people in america and AMP is full of people that make it a point to match that effort. -Rejection is not for the faint of heart. It takes thick skin and mental toughness.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

American Marketing and Publishing Response

Director of Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback of AMP. We are committed to improving our company, culture, and business solutions and take all feedback as helpful to make AMP a better workplace. We agree that our long standing interview process to show a day in the life is beneficiary for our prospective new talent as well as our company for match a good fit. We appreciate your feedback!

Discover more reviews about American Marketing and Publishing.