American Marketing and Publishing - I'm proud to have come Home to HomePages Directories and American Marketing and Publishing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

"I'm proud to have come Home to HomePages Directories and American Marketing and Publishing"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Support and training is best I've ever encountered in my working career. They care about your success and they care about the customer's success. The Integrity of this company is top down. This job is not for everyone...you have to love to sell, and enjoy a face paced, high energy environment. Self Discipline is key and your attitude is everything. There is a reason they are experiencing amazing growth. FYI...I am not in management and not a corporate recruiter, I'm just a happy employee who is thrilled to be on board.

Cons

Gas reimbursement could be a little higher, but the compensation package is more than fair, and if you do well...gas money is not an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!!

Other Employee Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

1. "It is ALL up to you what you make of it!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Marshalltown, IA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Marshalltown, IA

Pros

I have been with this company for a month now and it is the best decision I have ever made in my career path. I have never seen a company who is so supportive and motivating than AMP. The WEEK LONG training that we receive was a lot of information, but I would be lost without it. This job is what you make of it and every employee is beyond motivated. When you put all of us together on our teams, the opportunities are endless and that is something that is so exciting! I have never been a part of something that gives an individual so much recognition for a job well done. It is so rewarding and makes you feel like you are part of something special.

Cons

This job does require a lot of driving. You will drive more than you think each day, week, or month, but it is all on you to make that time worth it. You have to make sure you are self motivating especially when you are having a bad day.

Advice to Management

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! The management teams with this company are the best I have ever seen. I have never seen so much support, motivation, and recognition from a management position in any job I have had so far.

"Starts off great, but sours quickly once you realize it's all about the sales field and never about the office staff."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The non-management office positions are 9am-5pm, which gives time for evenings with family. We sometimes get to leave early before holidays, but that seems to be happening more and more rarely. The benefits are also fairly nice and our medical, dental, and vision are top notch. We do pay quite a bit for the benefits, but we could pay a lot more for much worse coverage. The coverage for medical, dental, and vision is some of the best I've seen in my entire time in the workforce.

Cons

The company is all about the sales field. Even we have meetings that are just the office staff, we still focus mainly on the sales field and the advances that they would have. We were even once told that if we have any friends who were bartenders, waitresses, or anyone who makes less that $30,000 a year, to give their information to the recruiters so that we could get them into the sales field. Most of the people in the office, even those that have been there for a number of years, make significantly less than that $30,000 per year. This just showed how out of touch our upper management was with the issues of the "common" employee. Hard work is not rewarded and advancement in the company is a dream that few reach. The "Employee of the Quarter" voting is a popularity contest and it seems like the management picks the winners, instead of the office personnel picking the winners (as is intended).

Advice to Management

Recognize the hard work of your office staff. Reward hard work and the people who have busted their butts to help your company excel. We in the office couldn't possibly care less about how awesome the sales field as it. We don't want to hear about how much they are making when we have to scrape to get by on what we make. Let some of the money that we are helping you to make trickle down to us. Without the Admin team figuring out what the chicken scratch on the contract is trying to say so they can enter it, and without the Production team figuring out how to build and proofread the ads, your company would go nowhere. Without the Customer Care team listening to screaming customers and the Accounting team making the hard calls to collect money, the company would be going nowhere. Reward the "other half" of your business. Take a look at comparable salaries in the area and payyour people accordingly. I make less than the bottom 10% of people in DeKalb who have my job title, and it shouldn't be that way for a company that wants to double in size in the next 18 months. Lastly, Abe needs to take a look around the office and be more involved with his office personnel. I think a lot of things are swept under the rug and Abe never gets to see how things truly are. I think if he knew that 90% of his office staff was miserable and would walk if given the chance for a better position, and the fact that a lot of the office personnel have resumes out on the internet, he might want to change things.