American Mobile Healthcare - Overall great experience | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Overall great experience"

Current Contractor - Professional Registered Nurse in Santa Cruz, CA
Current Contractor - Professional Registered Nurse in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team of recruiters and ancillary staff to help you during your travel experiences. Extensive selection of positions, great locations and facilities. I would recommend AMN for your travel assignment.

Cons

No cons worth mentioning, it is what it is. If your in the position to travel, its worth the adventure.

Other Employee Reviews for American Mobile Healthcare

"Assignments via American Mobile"

Current Employee - Staff RN in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staff RN in New York, NY

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a travel nurse with American Mobile from late 2009 to July of 2012. Overall, I was satisfied with my experience, and would recommend American Mobile to others. I was very satisfied with my recruiter, Amanda Solar (she is the best), whom I felt addressed my needs and supported me in my assignments, and whom I felt "went to bat for me". The only negative I have is regarding compensation, which is detailed below.

Cons

I did not like having to negotiate a salary each time I renewed an assignment or started a new asssignment. I felt that as a professional with many years experience, I should not have had to negotiate a commensurate salary.

"Opportunities... with inaccurate paychecks"

Current Contractor - Travel Nurse
    Current Contractor - Travel Nurse

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

American Mobile has somewhat of a monopoly on the travel nursing market in some areas, so they have lots of jobs.

Cons

-Their pay is much lower than other companies.
    -They try to sneak things into your contract like clauses where you can't work at the hospitals again for a year unless through them
    - They mess up your paychecks and then always point a finger at someone else instead of just fixing it.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. Stop bullying people into jobs with you because of your "exclusive" contracts.