American Mobile Healthcare - The Best Recruiters at American Mobile | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Mobile Healthcare

"The Best Recruiters at American Mobile"

Pros

My recruiter is the absolute best. She has gone above and beyond to help me throughout the entire travel nursing experience. She continues to keep me updated on available positions and really looks out for my best interest in every way.

Cons

I left my secure job , home, and family, in North East Ohio to pursue a more financial, stable and exciting travel positon in Tucson, Arizona. The assignment cancelled after day 4 which left me in a terrible situation. The hospital reported "lack of work" when I attempted to apply for unemployment. American Moblile reported a "mismatch" of work skills. Either way, I was out of a job, unemployed, miles from home, and no where to turn. No other positions where available at the time in Arizona, so I drove to Calif, where I fortunately had family members , and to stay with while I awaited the processing of my California license. I was unemployed for over 2 1/2 months before I decided to head back to the east coast, where I found a position in DC. My California license took over 4 months to process.

Advice to Management

After my first travel experience in Tucson, Arizona, I will never accept another position unless I am personally interviewed by the manager on the assigned unit. I was not interviewed by any staff from Tucson Medical Center before I was hired for the travel position. I cannot begin to tell you the hardship I experienced as a result. I quit my job, packed up my life, and headed to Tucson. After only the second day on the unit , my contract was cancelled. Additionally, I was told I would have two days of orientation on the floor. After one day, I was left on my own with a workload that was unacceptable, while other nurses sat on the computer on FB or did homework. The nursing staff I worked with was confused that the hospital had hired Travelers. The nurses told me there was not even enough work for them. Nurses were being cancelled and sent home due to lack of work. These comments led me to question why I was hired as a traveler and then cancelled from my contract so quickly.

Other Employee Reviews for American Mobile Healthcare

1. "Excellent experience"

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse

I have been working at American Mobile Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I only took one position with American Mobile but I had an excellent experience. They were able to find something in the area I was looking, and the hospital was superb. They treated me well at the hospital, as did the American Mobile Staff. I highly recommend American Mobile, and would love to keep an ongoing relationship with American Mobile.

Cons

Great opportunities, friendly staff, wonderful compensation.

"Opportunities... with inaccurate paychecks"

Current Contractor - Travel Nurse
    Current Contractor - Travel Nurse

Pros

American Mobile has somewhat of a monopoly on the travel nursing market in some areas, so they have lots of jobs.

Cons

-Their pay is much lower than other companies.
    -They try to sneak things into your contract like clauses where you can't work at the hospitals again for a year unless through them
    - They mess up your paychecks and then always point a finger at someone else instead of just fixing it.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. Stop bullying people into jobs with you because of your "exclusive" contracts.