American National Bank of Texas - Great place to learn and develop & great work/life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American National Bank of Texas

"Great place to learn and develop & great work/life balance."

Pros

Great mentors that have a great deal of knowledge in their fields have helped myself and others I know here develop and take on larger roles. Upper management is very aware of the financial climate and prepares for those conditions, which makes you feel more secure about the future of the bank. Great work/life balance, management has always been willing to work with me when family issues arrise.

Cons

The bank is a small bank with a low turnover rate, so quick advacement (6 to 12 months), like you hear about at the larger banks, is rarely seen.

Advice to Management

The bank does a great job of training and mentoring employees in specific areas of banking, but I believe there would be a benefit to administer additional basic trainings in softwares used and banking's role in the economy to get a better grasp on the tools available and the big picture that the employee's roles at the bank play into.

Other Employee Reviews for American National Bank of Texas

1. "This company care more about individuals who kiss up rather than those who come to work and do their job."

Pros

Community Involvement, Growing company, Good checking benefits for employees

Cons

No strong leadership, lots of favoritism, no room for advancement, poor HR department and untrustworthy, HR Manager would report everything to the Executives for browning points.

In my department their was no sense of team comradery, my manager was very manipulative she often praised and favored one particular employee in group meetings. She was horrible about addressing situations and walking into our department was miserable and it would just suck the life out of you.

Advice to Management

Invest in training and get a real training department not someone who half coordinates training.
    Pay attention to employee surveys/feedback and hold your managers accountable.

2. "Personal Banker II"

Pros

Great atmosphere and kind people

Cons

A lot of staff changes

Advice to Management

Try harder