KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

Nice

Jul 6, 2022 - Insurance Sales Agent in Westland, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

GreAt company to be honest

Cons

Poor management rigid company structure

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Great company

Jun 27, 2022 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot, Great real world experience

Cons

Can’t complain, was a very good experience

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Low Pay

Aug 25, 2022 - Career Development Trainee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started with no knowledge of IT support and ended up with learning a lot on how to troubleshoot computers, which helped me in my Computer Science classes.

Cons

Pay was really low. They paid CDTs according to their GPAs. Highest is $14 per hour if you got a 4.0 GPA. It's hard surviving on $14 per hour. It was understood that CDTs aka interns are part-time because of their class schedules and in an interview, they asked me "What is your highest priority?" I answered that I value education for myself and for anyone therefore I prioritize school and my grades. They were not flexible in scheduling according to my class schedule. Communication across departments is not smooth. As an intern, if I needed to ask another intern or non-management employee a question, I had to ask my manager the question, who had to relay that question to that non-management employee's manager who then asks that employee or that employee's manager speaks for them. This type of communication is inefficient and it slowed down my job.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about American National Insurance.

American National Insurance Careers

Cover image for American National Insurance

Why build a career with American National? American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation...More

• Our Purpose
  • Our Values
  • Careers
  • Benefits & Perks

American National Insurance Photos

+ Add Photo
American National Insurance photo of: Yearly Trip to Hotel Del, San Diego, CA
American National Insurance photo of: Kelly Chapman, case manager, LNB took a beautiful picture of the Galveston office at sunrise.
American National Insurance photo of: To recognize all the hard work the Agent Experience team has accomplished, a lunch was held in their honor in Springfield! Kudos to Jeff Vale for providing the delicious BBQ meats!
American National Insurance photo of: Charlotte Buscha, supervisor, Health Customer Service took her new puppy Poppy for a walk right in front of the Springfield office after she picked her up in Rogersville from Ozark Mountain Tervurens.
American National Insurance photo of: Jazminn Motley, advanced case manager, Life New Business got engaged on her vacation in St. Lucia! The Life New Business team in Albany decked out her desk in tropical, engagement decor while she was
American National Insurance photo of: The MLA team including Melissa Poor, Shirley Broussard and Barbara Falkenhagen are ready to take flight to the Bahamas for the 2022 MLA Conference.
American National Insurance photo of: Trainings