American Public University System - This was the most rewarding time in my career. Overall wonderful place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Public University System

"This was the most rewarding time in my career. Overall wonderful place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Team Lead
Former Employee - Technical Team Lead

Pros

Management will give you all you need to succeed in your career. Meet interesting people and have the opportunity to further your education.

Cons

I was located at a remote campus and not at the main campus. This is hard when trying to build teams to work with everyday.

Other Employee Reviews for American Public University System

1. "Great training ground to advance your skill set; free education benefit!"

Pros

On your first day of employment you are eligible to begin taking courses for free as part of the education benefit. May new college grads start in entry level positions, complete their masters degrees while working here, and then move on to other institutions or organizations where the salaries are higher.

Cons

Growth opportunities very limited in this company and the salaries are not as high as competitors for the same type of job responsibilities/titles.

"Great place to work, build a career, learn and develop your skills."

Pros

I enjoy working here because I am surrounded by supporting, collaborative managers and employees that take the time to work with you on achieving your goals and overcoming your challenges. We're a growing University so there's a lot to keep you busy, but everyone keeps their cool and is civil.

I've experienced great opportunities to grow my skills and expand my responsibilities.

Cons

APEI is located in Manassas, Virginia, which is not exactly the greatest hotspot. So it's tough to find a decent place to eat lunch. Our other office is in West Virginia, so traveling between the too can be a bit of a burden, taking about an hour.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and thanks for creating a great work environment.