American Red Cross - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Network Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ARC experienced dips in funds and has been forced to make cuts. Thankfully, CEO Gail McGovern refuses to cut salaries in an effort to keep great employees. Our workloads may have increased, but I am thankful I have not been forced to adjust my finances due to cutbacks.

Cons

No cons, I love my job and love working for the American Red Cross and doing my best to support our Mission, Value and Fundamental Principles.

Other Employee Reviews for American Red Cross

1. "The mission of the Red Cross ia valuable."

Pros

The mission of the Red Cross is the driving force of the ataff, volunteers and Upper Management. You will feel good at the end of the day for your contributions to it's cause.

Cons

The mission is so important that the development of staff is secondary. There is little opportunity for orofessional development and almost no incentive for doing your job well.

Advice to Management

Engage the staff in strategic goal setting and means to achieve said goals. The organization feels more like a corporation than a non-profit, as a result of recent re-organizational changes. The people who do the work come with extensive knowledge and should be valued more than they are currently.

2. "New Employee"

I have been working at American Red Cross part-time

Pros

People are almost always happy to see you. You get to see the best in people.

Cons

Everything is always changing. Whenever you get the system down they redo everything. They have cut several employees and the hours of the employees they kept and expect the same amount of work to get done.