American Red Cross - Love the organization, my coworkers and our mission! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Red Cross

"Love the organization, my coworkers and our mission!"

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Even on the hardest days, I know that I am making a difference in my community. My coworkers are most of the time driven by this same feeling and I think this contributes to making the Red Cross a very nice place to work. We are also led by and work side by side with amazing volunteers who are contributing to make it all happen. This is the best employer I have ever had the privilege of working for!

Cons

It is a large organization and often budgets are tight. Change is constant, but isn't that the case for most large organizations?

Advice to Management

You are headed in the right direction. Keep stream lining and making all the business units work together.

Other Employee Reviews for American Red Cross

"TeleRecruiter"

Former Employee - Telerecruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Telerecruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at American Red Cross part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have chances to develop in your position nesting phase. They feed you well during orientation. They give somewhat fair bonuses if you work hard enough...

Cons

They are mis leading the tell you that all donations are for a non profit that's a lie, they sale that blood donations to a third party. They also say that you can move up in the company not true. They lead you to believe that it is a professional, friendly atmosphere, that's a lie. It is super unprofessional, a lot of young people all grouped together gossiping,an extremely high turn over rate for employment. They are prejudice they favor particular ethics,and races. They drill a speech in your head to feed to innocent people about "Te need for blood is so constant", They lie and tell you that they remove donors off of the call list which is a lie, they harass these poor people and continuously call them. If you don't mind lying to people, and being programmed like a robot, well this would be a great position for you. I worked there for two years and walked out on lunch one day to never return. This is the worse call center job that I have everrrrr..worked for. I would rather pack pavement everyday of my life appose to becoming a recruiter for the American Red Cross.

Advice to Management

Get it together, Focus on your company's Moral. Be more passionate to your employees, and try harder to bring professionals in the door, rather than desperate people.

2. "This is a great organization"

Pros

You get a chance to help save lives

Cons

Dysfunction and poor customer service

Advice to Management

get on the ground and take a look around.