American Society for Quality - Time to Wake Up and Smell the Coffee | Glassdoor

"Time to Wake Up and Smell the Coffee"

I worked at American Society for Quality full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of great, committed employees; downtown location; noble mission; emphasis on metrics and measurement and process; opportunity to work on interesting projects that make a difference.

Cons

Reorg after reorg; wasted resources; abysmal management; fixated on "transformation"--lots of words w/o effective action; low morale; competent employees leaving; a very disconnected board of directors, etc., etc.

Advice to Management

Where do I begin?

American Society for Quality2019-05-03

American Society for Quality Response

May 6, 2019Communication Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from current and former staff members. It’s unfortunate your experience didn’t match your expectations, and your comments will help us continuously improve.

Other Employee Reviews

"Contractor"

I have been working at American Society for Quality

Pros

Great place to work slow pace

Cons

Slow moving no urgency can be frustrating

American Society for Quality2016-06-03

"Has lost direction."

Current Employee - Operations in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at American Society for Quality full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice benefit package for staff

Cons

Numerous selective cliques spreading mis-information. Hard working, knowledgeable employees are many times pushed away from teams due to being a threat to staff in those groups. Scrum Process being used for operational teams that shouldn’t be used; constant finger pointing, halts productivity and increases staff workload to unmanageable levels which results in burn out. Compensation way below average. No formal training...

Advice to Management

Listen to employees when receiving the same feedback from staff on certain staff or what isn’t working. The perception is no one is listening, or if you are, not taking action.

American Society for Quality2019-06-06

American Society for Quality Response

June 10, 2019Communication Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate all the staff feedback we receive—good and bad—and encourage you to bring your concerns forward through the internal channel you’re most comfortable with.

Discover more reviews about American Society for Quality.