American Traffic Solutions - They are learning to talk a good talk, now all they need to do is understand what they're asking. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for American Traffic Solutions

"They are learning to talk a good talk, now all they need to do is understand what they're asking."

I worked at American Traffic Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Management is not connecting with employees.
Cronyism is rampant, so if you have a good friend in middle management, you'll have no problems working there.
They prefer threats and litigation as opposed to treating their employees well.

Advice to Management

Don't expect people to be happy with contradictions.

Other Employee Reviews for American Traffic Solutions

"No Loyalty to employees what-so-ever. Company lets lower management get away with anything, at the companies expense."

I worked at American Traffic Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall there aren't any. The pay and benefits are good, but you will be stuck clicking a mouse 1000 times an hour or dealing with irate customers for years in any entry level position.

Cons

I was there 3 years solving problems, finding and fixing MANY mistakes, I even saved the company tons of money per day with ideas, preventing potential lawsuits caused by their mistakes, etc.. Never had a hint of a discipline problem. The didn't appreciate one bit of it. I was thinking on my feet far more than most people there, finding issues, problems and errors nobody else even noticed, and producing results no one else came close to, but it did not help me keep my job one bit. Then I was even fired over email for unexcused absences while on medical leave, with doctors notes and calling in each day.

Essentially they let new managers come in railroad people because they don't like them. What good management allows that???

This company has no idea how to BE predictive, preventative, or proactive in any way. They wait for problems to occur and THEN do something. Often the extremely WRONG thing.

For example: They wrote up the entire floor in 2011 for people sending a violation video out through email.

In all reality this was the company and managements fault because THEY left the general floor WITH the ability to send large attachments out of the domain/building.

This could have easily been prevented by IT years earlier, when I told them about it in 2009, or if they had hired people with experience setting up a new network, instead of hiring newbs to save money.

Few people move up or stay that long. It's a Good ol' boys club BAD at the lower levels.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Recognize when a person has abilities and encourage them, instead of feeling threatened or intimidated, and railroading someone who can and is helping the company more than you are. Upper management needs a tighter reign on there floor management. You need an undercover mole or something. Corruption, and complacency about it, are rampant.

2. "High growth, high energy, high rewards...."

I have been working at American Traffic Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancement and growth. Company rewards its star performers. New and different challenges daily. Ideas from all are welcome.

Cons

If are not prepared for an extremely fast paced work environment, than ATS is not for you. Must be able to think on your feet and be prepared to be pushed for results.

Advice to Management

Long term goals are clear, but mid-term strategy is unclear.