American Transmission - Overall a good place | Glassdoor

"Overall a good place"

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

Pros

I only worked here for three months as a summer intern, but overall it was a favorable experience. The people here are friendly, professional, hard working, and helpful. The office atmosphere is very comfortable and nobody watches over shoulder. They put a lot of faith in their employees and I for the most part, the employees delivered.

Cons

I was surprised I wasn't offered a job after I graduated, but its a tough economy with hundreds of qualified candidates. Although it isn't difficult to get to know the people you work with everyday, a lot of people seem to busy to get to know coworkers unless they work with them. Overall though, I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to anyone who is hardworking and independent, but also wants a good work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing...

Other Employee Reviews for American Transmission

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at American Transmission full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

To me, the best part about ATC is the employees. I enjoy the culture and I feel like I am part of a winning team. The benefits are great; 401K, pension, vacation, sick/personal days, paid holidays, etc. The company provides leadership training and team workshops for new leaders and managers. People are consistently promoted from within the company. Even when the workload can get heavy, I enjoy going to work every day and feel like I am respected and appreciated.

Cons

With multiple locations the offices do not always have the same feel and culture but it is always being improved upon.

Advice to Management

Continue improving communication across the company and keep promoting from within. It is important to work with people who enjoy what they do and while I feel that in my current team I'd like to see it continue across departments. Value diversity in prior work experiences and keep training/educating current staff so they grow with the company.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at American Transmission full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ATC truly cares about their employees. ATC offers a professional environment, competitive salaries and benefits, growth opportunities, and many soft perks.

Cons

At ATC, employees are expected to work hard; however, they are also well rewarded for their time and energy. Work hard; play hard.

Advice to Management

Employees appreciate the "open door" policy that is consistently upheld across middle and senior leadership. The level of transparency is foundational to the wonderful culture offered by ATC.