Americans for Prosperity - AFP does good work, but the management seems overwhelmed. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Americans for Prosperity

"AFP does good work, but the management seems overwhelmed."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Americans for Prosperity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AFP has the edge in grassroots organizing for now, which makes it a fast-paced, exciting place to work. If you're in the right department or chapter, work can be fun. Lots of new younger staff makes for a very casual workplace.

Cons

As is common in DC, entry level staff overworked and underpaid for as long as they can stand it-promotions aren't common and turnover is high. Disconnect is natural between state and national staff, but could stand to be improved. Some favoritism with senior staff means that most will never be promoted- most junior level staff leave rather than see their careers stagnate.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to give more responsibility to talented younger staff, especially in Events and Communications-they're in the trenches and have great ideas for growth. Don't silo knowledge. Put more people on the ground in the states!

Other Employee Reviews for Americans for Prosperity

1. "Great People and Fantastic Culture!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Americans for Prosperity as an intern

Pros

The people at AFPHQ were the best part of my job, hands down. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and willing to go out of their way to help. Department It's a very unique culture unlike any I've ever been a part of. There are opportunities to be pursued if you look for them. Sometimes they take a while to be moved to fruition, but be persistent. Be creative and take initiative.

Cons

Lots of work to be done... almost too much. I was only an intern so I packed up and stopped working after an 8 hour day, but many people in my department go home and continue to be "on the clock" to keep up. 50+ hour work weeks were not uncommon in my department.

Not the right fit for you if you aren't 100% okay with talking about politics

Advice to Management

Be more available for your employees and actively listen to their concerns and ideas to innovate. Then put those into practice and the right kinds of growth will occur.

Reassess how necessary In Pursuit Of is.

2. "Digital Manager"

I worked at Americans for Prosperity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, on-going education, fulfilling, travel, holidays off

Cons

Long hours, long days,