Amerigroup - Amerigroup is an amazing company that really lives their mission and vision | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amerigroup

"Amerigroup is an amazing company that really lives their mission and vision"

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company feels like a huge family.
Employees are listened to when change is needed and are included in the change process.
Leadership is involved on all levels, has open door policies, and it's not uncommon to see the CEO walking around and stopping by your desk during the day to see how you are doing.
A good work ethic is rewarded with awards, acknowledgements, surprise parties and monetary bonuses.
I can't say enough about this MCO because they truly have a heart and want to ensure that their members get the care that they need. Plan on retiring here as long as they will keep me. :)

Cons

Some departments could really use additional staff and as the company continues to grow I'm sure this will happen.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. Continue making employees at all levels a part of the decision making and letting them (us) know that we are appreciated. Definitely never change your Vision and Mission.

Other Employee Reviews for Amerigroup

"Seattle Management is embarassing"

Current Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and nice location.

Cons

Low moral. Hard to respect current management.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that actually know how to speak to people in a professional manner and that have leadership experience or have a least successfully passed some leadership courses. Moral is super low for being such a new office, which is a direct result of bad hiring choices for leadership.

"Provider Service Unit Interview"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amerigroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities to advance. Promoted after five months at a new Center. Very encouraging work environment and upper management.

Cons

You will be dealing with medicaid recipients and Providers with claim in this position. Meaning you will encounter your share of

Advice to Management

stay positive to associates and encourage them about growth within the company.