Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in De Pere, WI
Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in De Pere, WI

Pros

They are very flexible about hours and time off. The benefits are great, lots of vacation time and you can also purchase an extra week. Once you've been there 5 years, you get 5 weeks of PTO which you can take in as small as half day increments. They are flexible about time off in most areas of the company. Phone centers are stricter just because they have to have adequate coverage. Leaders are great at communicating issues and truly listen to employees concerns. The do a company survey every year in the fall and really read employees feedback. If there is a particular issue, it is always addressed with the senior leaders and things do change for the better.

Cons

Pay is on the low side because of where we are located. Very small raises -typically 2% per year which is nothing. We only get 6 holidays a year which no longer includes the day after Thanksgiving. We are open on Christmas eve too which is difficult for people with out of town relatives. We also only get 3 sick days per year which is truly not enough. They do roll to the next year if you don't use them but it's still not much.

Advice to Management

Watch the pay scales but everything else is working well.

Other Employee Reviews for Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance

"Call Center challenging for older employees"

Pros

Opportunity for advancement for some employees. Competitive benefit package. A large number of shifts available for those with family responsibilities.

Cons

To be effective in their positions, its necessary to have very fast keyboarding skills. In the sales environment, despite a rockstar closing ratios, without superior keyboarding ability, very difficult to make quotas.

Advice to Management

Associates are measured in a number of ways, call time, policy count etc. Some goals compete with others...ie...if you take extra time to cross sell, you get dinged on call time.

2. "Auto Client Service"

Former Employee - Client Service Professional in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Client Service Professional in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good PTO package
    Decent cafe
    Ability to work from home

Cons

Constant micromanaging
    Used to be a plethora of outside discounts that were cut
    Less than stellar leaders/management
    Claim to have excellent work-life balance, but don't, took me 8 weeks to find out if I could attend my own college graduation.
    Favoritism
    Stressful and angry clients
    Office politics

Advice to Management

Create an environment where employees aren't wanting to hang themselves after a shift.