Ameriprise - Great job and room to grow if you're determined | Glassdoor
  1. "Great job and room to grow if you're determined"

Current Employee - Paraplanner in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Ameriprise

Pros

Lots of opportunity to get licenses and designations without paying out of pocket. I also like that we are a client relationship based firm and not just a place to call your trades in. Ameriprise has a strong fundamental concept with its approach, though I feel that sometimes upper management does not realize what all of its "change" will feel like when it trickles to the advisors and staff on the franchise level.

Cons

pay is lower than the competition, but job security is better. Compromises have to be made sometimes... Also they need to work on training their call service people a little more. It is frustrating to call in to solve a client's issue and getting 3-4 different answers from different people. This creates additional leg work and cuts down on productivity.

Advice to Management

It would be a good idea to extend corporate benefits to the franchisees to make working for a franchise more appealing. Senior management need to target nore training opportunities towards staff because more often than not they are the ones using many of the new improved technologies.

Ameriprise2008-10-23

"Business System Analyst"

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, highly value diversity

Cons

Slow organizational processes, not a high paced work environment

Ameriprise2019-01-03
  2. "Interview Process"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Ameriprise for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed culture and everyone is willing to help out and watch you grow professionally Work is interesting and keeps you motivated throughout

Cons

Gets somewhat repetitive, but is still manageable

Ameriprise2019-08-16

Discover more reviews about Ameriprise.