Ameriprise - mixed feeling | Glassdoor

"mixed feeling"

I have been working at Ameriprise full-time

Pros

strong financials, strong marketing, good product, significant support is given to the advisors to help them grow their business

Cons

a lot od back stabbing in management, don't trust anyone, a lot of people will turn on you behind your back

Other Employee Reviews for Ameriprise

1. "Growing company trying to find its way"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

Pros

Unlimited upside potential, new hires are given substantial training and are strongly encouraged to look at a client's entire portfolio and lifelong goals.

Cons

initial training is too concentrated on financial planning and frighteningly little about individual securities and how they function. If you are new to the industry, don't expect to start your business in any way other than the company sees fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to train new hires with a strong focus on overall financial planning, but remember that high net worth clients need their advisors to understand what is in their portfolios...

"Ameriprise; it all depends on which office"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

Pros

good place to start off if you can't get into another firm.
    If you stick with it they allow you to become independent, at this point all of the negatives go away.

Cons

My manager would push high commission products to the point that I sometimes questioned if my licenses would be jeopardized by following managements recommendations.
    I know for talking to others in the company this was not the case a all offices so this all depends on who is running the office you work in.

Advice to Management

Encourage local mangers and Branch VPs to look long term at their businesses, VUL policies are not appropriate for everyone. I had a case of a single late 20's person; the manager told me to sell him a VUL first.