AmerisourceBergen - Great company with almost zero room for growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

"Great company with almost zero room for growth."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative II in Roanoke, TX
Former Employee - Technical Support Representative II in Roanoke, TX

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ABC had great above average starting salaries. The benefits were absolutely amazing. I was shocked when I left and realized that most insurance is terrible. All of my co-workers were great.

Cons

There is almost zero room for professional growth or raises. Raises were your typical 1%-4% yearly raise. When I worked there the average employee tenure was 20+ years. While that's great from a culture aspect, no one ever leaves. Promotion only comes if your in it for the long haul.

Politics galore. Some people who really, really need to be let go are left to govern their department like its their own personal kingdom.

Other Employee Reviews for AmerisourceBergen

"Good company to learn a dying industry"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AmerisourceBergen, as a leader in their industry is an exceptional place to learn the industry and gain practical experience. Customers are down to earth and approachable, local management is great.

Cons

Since the current CEO's takeover, it has been nothing but cutbacks and skimping. It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business. Local sales teams do what they can but saddled with unrealistic goals and vanishing bonuses morale is very low.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what the field is telling you unless you really don't care about your independents. Moreso, when you are given feedback from the field act on it!

"It is all about WHO you know!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I loved working under Larry Beckmann - he was a great leader and it showed in his people! Very much respect - then when he retired - things went downhill. It was sad to see what he helped build from the ground up, start to crumble. Thought it was Anderson Packaging ...but looking at these reviews - perhaps it started with AmerisourceBergen.

Cons

When I left AndersonBrecon it seems we had alot of department heads with big dollar salaries - and not enough worker bees (who should have been making more). They were promoting people left and right - a lot of politics also...low morale - even had managers that didn't have a clue how to manager!
    They had a handbook - but it amounted to "who's who" - they had different rules for different people!

Advice to Management

Get your head out of their ass and walk the talk!!!!